Bonsai forum

Brown Fuzz on Fukien Tea Tree

• JordanA
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Brown Fuzz on Fukien Tea Tree was created by JordanA

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #53592
My tree has recently begun dropping its leaves and where they bud there is a brown fuzz that I believe is the issue.

I have searched this forum for answers and, while there seems to have been a few people who have asked the same question, none provided an answer.

I sprayed with insecticide to be safe, though I see no bugs, and will be spraying with fungicide once I purchase some.

I keep my tree indoors by a window with nice filtered light, I have been watering it the same way for over a year and it has been happy and healthy. It also did not drop its leaves last year, so I am not sure it is a seasonal reaction.

If anyone knows the answer to this conundrum, or at least what is going on, please let me know. Thank you.
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit:4 years 6 months ago by JordanA

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by JordanA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Brown Fuzz on Fukien Tea Tree

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #53593
The brown stuff is part of the plant. It was there when you bought the plant.

It is dying because it is a fukien tree, and caring for those is hard. And because they were about to die already when you bought them. Effectively, these "bonsai" are very near a scam. Very few people anage to keep those alive for the first year. After that, people can normally keep them. But they are just hard to keep happy
by leatherback

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1357

Replied by Tropfrog on topic Brown Fuzz on Fukien Tea Tree

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #53602
One year and still Alive is really god work!

This is a Tropic tree that needs a lot of sun and high humidity. If you live in the nothern hemisphere now sun getting less and central heating in the houses dries the air. It is right now the conditions for Theese trees are the worst.

Putting it on a tray filled with water and give extra artificial Light May give it a slim chanse of survival.

Br
Magnus
Last Edit:4 years 6 months ago by Tropfrog
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Tropfrog.