Help pest Identification

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.
3 years 11 months ago #59481 by sopepp
Help pest Identification was created by sopepp
Hi everyone
I need some help to identify this little one (see pictures).
They are on my hinoki and I'm scare could be spider mite. I have to say that the plant is in good condition so I would like to be sure is the bed one before treat the plant. I'm base in UK and also if is the case to start the treatment any suggestion on wich are the best product to use?
thanks

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.
3 years 10 months ago #60485 by sopepp
Replied by sopepp on topic Help pest Identification
Nobody can help?

3 years 10 months ago #60487 by m5eaygeoff
Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic Help pest Identification
Very difficult t tell, it could be red spider mite, not sure. Are there any webs? if is almost too small to see, then yes could be. If it is getting plenty is sun and you water regularly then it is not a problem keep the humidity high and they will disappear.You could wash the foliage off once a week that might help too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sopepp

3 years 10 months ago #60556 by sopepp
Thanks for your reply.
regarding web is difficult to say because there are lot of spider around.
At the moment I'm misting the foliage quite often in the evening, regular watering and I did a treatment 4/5 days ago with a natural product.
still finding few on some branches but hope they disappear.
The tree is 4 meter away from all the rest of the collection hope that is enough to keep "mites" out from other tree

3 years 9 months ago #60902 by leatherback
Replied by leatherback on topic Help pest Identification
Yes, this is a spidermite.

You will have mites everywhere. Key is to create an environment where they do not multiple to a plague. Air movement, humidity, friendly environment for other bugs who might prey upon the spider mites.

DUring hot periods, I shower my trees with water and ensure the surroundings get watered to keep humidity in my bonsai area up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sopepp

3 years 8 months ago #61569 by sopepp

leatherback wrote: Yes, this is a spidermite.

You will have mites everywhere. Key is to create an environment where they do not multiple to a plague. Air movement, humidity, friendly environment for other bugs who might prey upon the spider mites.

DUring hot periods, I shower my trees with water and ensure the surroundings get watered to keep humidity in my bonsai area up.

Thanks for your reply
unfortunately my back garden is all made with concrete and wall so not easy to keep humid
I started to do shower in the evening to my conifer but I can't do the same with deciduous
I found them on more tree and I try to keep them under control.
Help pest Identification - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

3 years 8 months ago #61578 by Samantha
Replied by Samantha on topic Help pest Identification
bugs

3 years 8 months ago #61586 by leatherback
Replied by leatherback on topic Help pest Identification

Samantha wrote: bugs

So great to have you back

3 years 8 months ago #61624 by Samantha
Replied by Samantha on topic Help pest Identification
hi