Bonsai forum

White powder on leafs on my Carmona Fukien Tea

• prongs
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1

White powder on leafs on my Carmona Fukien Tea was created by prongs

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #60554
Hi Guys , This is my first post here , I got a bonsai as a gift and i was a complete beginner to any plant in general . So i searched a lot and learned a lot and I guess I could handle the tree quite well since it flowers constantly and has little to mid sized shiny leafs and i even had 2 fruits so far . after that I did apply a hard prune to it since it was nowhere near a good styled bonsai . it was such a mess . anyway I have a problem , on some leafs at bottom branches it shows some white marks , I've read something about that somewhere which is kind of a disease but i can't find it . I wanted to post some pictures and you guys tell me if this is a disease or normal thing and the solution if possible . I really appreciate it already . Thank you all
I forgot to mention that it mainly appears on old and very dark green leafs not on young ones. and also there is a picture(Second Last) of powdery leafs after i splashed water on them which made powders disappear temporarily/
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
hment]
by prongs

This message has attachments images.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• m5eaygeoff
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic White powder on leafs on my Carmona Fukien Tea

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #60559
Does it rub off? I could simply be alkaline deposits from water. If there is nothing under the leaves then it is fine. If it rubs off forget it
by m5eaygeoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: prongs

• prongs
  • Offline Topic Author

Replied by prongs on topic White powder on leafs on my Carmona Fukien Tea

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #60560
hey , thanks for the response , No there is nothing on the bottom side of the leaf surface . and yes it can be rubbed off by nails ( gentle finger touch won't help it but when i rub it a bit hard with my nails it rubs off and leaves some white cocaine like powder on my nail tips.) . I think it's fine then . thanks again
by prongs

• JesseP
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by JesseP on topic White powder on leafs on my Carmona Fukien Tea

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #60563
Hello all, i also have a problem with my carmona and need some insight/advice. My tree has been struggling the past few weeks and couldn't penpoint the problem. So i went to change the soil to something that breaths better and doesn't hold as much moisture. Well when i got it out i see light brown stuff all around the soil and small white eggs of some sort. I know they're eggs because i pinched them and thy burst and have organic embryotic fluid inside. I don know whats goin on here and would love advice as to identify and prevent this from happening again. I live in south Louisiana and keep the tree indoors almost all the time except to get some fresh air and rain occasionally. Any help would be appreciated!
by JesseP

This message has attachments images.

• prongs
  • Offline Topic Author

Replied by prongs on topic White powder on leafs on my Carmona Fukien Tea

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #60566

JesseP wrote: Hello all, i also have a problem with my carmona and need some insight/advice. My tree has been struggling the past few weeks and couldn't penpoint the problem. So i went to change the soil to something that breaths better and doesn't hold as much moisture. Well when i got it out i see light brown stuff all around the soil and small white eggs of some sort. I know they're eggs because i pinched them and thy burst and have organic embryotic fluid inside. I don know whats goin on here and would love advice as to identify and prevent this from happening again. I live in south Louisiana and keep the tree indoors almost all the time except to get some fresh air and rain occasionally. Any help would be appreciated!

i think you should open a new thread since it's a bit unrelated to this and there is a little chance that someone actually answer you here.
Last Edit:3 years 10 months ago by prongs
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by prongs.