Bonsai forum

White patches on leaves (Sageretia Theezans)

• Oto210
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

White patches on leaves (Sageretia Theezans) was created by Oto210

Posted 3 years 9 months ago #60696
Hello! I'm new to the Bonsai empire so this is my first post.
I bought my first bonsai a month ago. It is a Sageretia Theezans (Chinese sweet plum) and last week I repotted it into a bigger pot. I put it in a shadow for a while so the root system can reestablish itself. After the repot I noticed white patches on the leaves (first and second picture). Maybe they were there before but I didn't notice them. I cleaned the leaves with a wet towel and they went away. But after a few days I noticed them again and the biggest one was on a new leaf. When cleaned, the patch on the spot reamins brown (third picture).
I wanted to check if there are any animals present and I didn't see any under the leaves so I put a paper under the tree and shook it. A small white animal with black stripes fell on the paper (fourth picture). There was only one so I don't know if this is also a factor.

I know this is getting a bit long but I have another question. Some of the leaves are getting yellow and then drop off in a few days (fifth picture). Could this be because it was in the shadow or maybe overwatering?

Thank you very much for the answers.
by Oto210

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.