Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Snowflake Ming Aralia leaves drooping 2 years 4 weeks ago #75385

• GradStudentGardner
  • GradStudentGardner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello, I have a Snowflake Ming Aralia that I made into a bonsai about 2 years ago. This past week, I have noticed that its leaves have begun to droop. I haven't changed its watering or feeding schedule, and it has remained in the same location. I am wondering if other people have experienced this issue before, and what they may recommend doing. I have read that it could be due to a root rot or fungal infection, in which case I am worried there won't be much I can do at this point. Any advice?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Snowflake Ming Aralia leaves drooping 2 years 4 weeks ago #75387

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1352
"Not changed its watering regime" might be the problem if you are in the southern hemisphere. Now the sun is starting to get stronger every day and the plant will need water more often.

Snowflake Ming Aralia leaves drooping 2 years 4 weeks ago #75394

• GradStudentGardner
  • GradStudentGardner's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks, I am in the Northern Hemisphere (PA, USA), and the plant is kept by a window that receives indirect light but has had a supplemental grow light for the past year or so. Its planted in free draining bonsai soil, so I water it more or less every day (as with my other indoor trees).

Snowflake Ming Aralia leaves drooping 1 year 10 months ago #76814

• Delo

Hello, I have a Snowflake Ming Aralia that I made into a bonsai about 2 years ago. This past week, I have noticed that its leaves have begun to droop. I haven't changed its watering or feeding schedule, and it has remained in the same location. I am wondering if other people have experienced this issue before, and what they may recommend doing. I have read that it could be due to a root rot or fungal infection, in which case I am worried there won't be much I can do at this point. Any advice?

Thanks!

Snowflake Ming Aralia leaves drooping 1 year 10 months ago #76816

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1352
My bad. That was a typo of grand proportion. I ment to say northern hemisphere, anything else would not be logic.

What is happening now is that sun gets more intense. Aralia is an understory plant that really can get to much sun. And even if it is not to much, it still will need more water in more sun and with more foliage.

• Page: