• Page:

TOPIC:

Goodbye to white powdery mildew 11 years 11 months ago #5347

• James May
  • James May's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 13
I would like to share my experience with removing white mildew from a bonsai tree.

When I purchased my Sageretia Theezans it had a pretty decent mildew infection. Multiple leaves were afflicted with white powdery mildew. The first thing I did was remove all afflicted leaves (followed by disinfecting my scissors). A few days later new shoots emerged. 100% of the new shoots were also infected with the mildew. I started to panic and decided to research the issue. I ended up purchasing Schultz Fungicide 3. I then repeated the process of removing all afflicted leaves and shoots. After that I sprayed the tree down with the fungicide spray. A few days later multiple new shoots emerged. 100% of them were healthy and mildew free B) .

Its been about a month now and my tree is completely fungus free. It has been growing like crazy and all of the new shoots are strong and healthy. I was amazed that it only took 1 dose of the fungicide to fix this problem.

I hope this information can be useful for anyone who has had mildew issues on their bonsai.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Shadow Rhelm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Goodbye to white powdery mildew 11 years 11 months ago #5349

• Shadow Rhelm
  • Thanks received: 1
That is wonderful to hear. I will certainly keep note of what you used and see if one of our local garden centers has some, might be wonderful to keep on hand for not just my Bonsai, but also the others in my garden family. :)

Re: Goodbye to white powdery mildew 11 years 11 months ago #5353

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
I successfully fought off a fungal infection on my pine last year using hydrogen peroxide and water. I used a cap full of peroxide and 28 ounces of water in a spray bottle. I sprayed it once a day for 2 weeks, the every other day for a few weeks, then once a week until it was gone. It is still fungus free.....and the cure was basically free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vnolan

• Page: