Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

my bonsai got a heatwave... help! 10 years 7 months ago #9774

• Stef
  • Stef's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
My bonsai is always outside, in the winter I keep it in a corner for a bit more protection and then one day it was very hot outside and I wasn't home so when I did get home I immediately gave it water and got it out of the sun, and the leaves were all dried up and when it was cold again I put it in full son so it could just gradually go into the cold again and it's been a week of normal circumstances and it was very healthy and very beautifull flowers, its a white chinese may, but the leaves are still dead yet they aren't falling off so I have kept on doing what I did but it won't recover... Please help! I've only had it for 3 years now and it is 8 years old

my bonsai got a heatwave... help! 10 years 7 months ago #9775

• m5eaygeoff
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
After such a short time you are not likely to see much change. Are all the leaves gone or are there still some green? It would help if we knew what part of the world you live in, and where. Keep the tree in the shade to help it's recovery. Don't over do the watering, the tree cannot take up as much water as it was. I had this happen to me this summer, and I was just watering the pot a little and pouring water over the top to keep it moist. I don't know the species you have, but it has two chances.
  • Page: