• Page:

TOPIC: Chinese Privet

Chinese Privet 9 months 4 weeks ago #32092

Could anyone help me in identifying what kind of pest or disease does my Ligustrum have? It happens every winter when I keep the Bonsai indoor. What could be the possible cure and treatment for it? It appears on the new branches and leaves a white coating which in some cases brings the part to slowly dye. Thanks in advance.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Gianfrancesco
  • Gianfrancesco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Chinese Privet 9 months 4 weeks ago #32101

It's hard to say if you have spider mites or not from the pictures. I can't tell if their is a glare on the leaves or if it is webbing.
Besides that how long have you had the Privet and how often do you water it? (Just common problem I also see here)
  • Bonsai Bender
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Me Chicken, You Chicken, No Bonsai - John Naka
  • Thank you received: 70

Chinese Privet 9 months 3 weeks ago #32121

Gianfrancesco wrote: Could anyone help me in identifying what kind of pest or disease does my Ligustrum have? It happens every winter when I keep the Bonsai indoor. What could be the possible cure and treatment for it? It appears on the new branches and leaves a white coating which in some cases brings the part to slowly dye. Thanks in advance.

Take a white piece of paper and a magnifying glass. Put the white paper under the leaves and shake the branches a bit. If you have mites, they will fall on the white paper. and you can take a better look at them with the magnifying glass.
  • eangola
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 74
  • Page: