Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Chinese Privet 6 years 11 months ago #32092

• Gianfrancesco
  • Gianfrancesco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Could anyone help me in identifying what kind of pest or disease does my Ligustrum have? It happens every winter when I keep the Bonsai indoor. What could be the possible cure and treatment for it? It appears on the new branches and leaves a white coating which in some cases brings the part to slowly dye. Thanks in advance.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Gianfrancesco.

Chinese Privet 6 years 11 months ago #32101

• Bonsai Bender
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 70
It's hard to say if you have spider mites or not from the pictures. I can't tell if their is a glare on the leaves or if it is webbing.
Besides that how long have you had the Privet and how often do you water it? (Just common problem I also see here)

Chinese Privet 6 years 11 months ago #32121

• eangola
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 82

Could anyone help me in identifying what kind of pest or disease does my Ligustrum have? It happens every winter when I keep the Bonsai indoor. What could be the possible cure and treatment for it? It appears on the new branches and leaves a white coating which in some cases brings the part to slowly dye. Thanks in advance.

Take a white piece of paper and a magnifying glass. Put the white paper under the leaves and shake the branches a bit. If you have mites, they will fall on the white paper. and you can take a better look at them with the magnifying glass.

Last edit: Post by eangola.
  • Page: