Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Some of my Bonsai 6 years 3 months ago #36808

• GingerBonsai
  • GingerBonsai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 4
Well I dug it up from a friend's garden.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some of my Bonsai 6 years 3 months ago #36809

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Well I dug it up from a friend's garden.

Just like not every plant in a pot is a bonsai and not every thin twig is a literati, not every plant that you dug up is a yamadori.

"Yamadori is a term used by the Japanese to describe trees collected from the wild. The term Yamadori has a lot to do with the character and age of the tree. To the Japanese, not every tree dug from the Mountainside is classed as Yamadori. It has to show the battle of growing many years in its form, with its old cracked bark and its trunk twisted by the elements. Such trees are not easy found and the title, Yamadori, is not given lightly"

The following user(s) said Thank You: 333Adriaan333

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Some of my Bonsai 6 years 2 months ago #37391

• Claudiu
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 25
Top tip. Especially when kept indoors .. proper bonsai soil, proper bonsai soil, proper bonsai soil ...
Start with not killing the trees and than you go into style. Or more relevant: 1- keep them alive, 2- keep them healthy, 3- develop a trunk and a proper root mass 5. 6, 7, ........ it goes on and on.
Start with some youtube. I recommend searching for Bonsai Mirai live free streams. I will help understand a LOT in a short time.

• Page: