• Page:

TOPIC:

Ficus Riligiosa 5 years 9 months ago #42749

• leroycoutts
  • leroycoutts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 25
I am curious to know if anyone has worked on a ficus Riligiosa. I’ve looked up this forum but haven’t found any threads that discuss this tree. It’s sometimes called Bo Fig.

Curious to see care tips and progression over the years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ficus Riligiosa 5 years 9 months ago #42750

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
All I have done is taken cuttings for someone in the Netherlands. I only realized they love heat, sun and humidity. They are fig trees and can develiop very fast!
The following user(s) said Thank You: leroycoutts

Ficus Riligiosa 5 years 9 months ago #42752

• leroycoutts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Indeed they do... but I have seen them growing all over the place... full sun, partial sun...good soil bad soil ...(pretty hardy trees) just haven’t seen an actual bonsai... though the internet seems to suggest there are plenty of people who do it.

Ficus Riligiosa 5 years 9 months ago #42754

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Indeed they do... but I have seen them growing all over the place... full sun, partial sun...good soil bad soil ...(pretty hardy trees) just haven’t seen an actual bonsai... though the internet seems to suggest there are plenty of people who do it.

Lots of cuttings in pots. Only few examples of a succesfull specimen.
This claims to be one, but I am in doubt whether the species is correct. I think in Asia they may look different from those in latin america..

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: leroycoutts

Ficus Riligiosa 5 years 9 months ago #42755

• leroycoutts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Lots of cuttings in pots. Only few examples of a succesfull specimen.
This claims to be one, but I am in doubt whether the species is correct. I think in Asia they may look different from those in latin america..

These trees are endemic to India.. I have seen plenty of them growing up there... this picture is a good representation of the real deal... i am surprised they got the leaf size to shrink this much.. it could sometimes be bigger than the palm of your hand...

Btw, i was talking of never having seen an actual bonsai of this tree... have seen a ton of pictures online of other bonsai's. On a separate note, I repotted my Podocarpus in a training pot taking your advice.

Ficus Riligiosa 5 years 8 months ago #42864

• leroycoutts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
collected and planted this ficus religiosa in a training pot... it has a long ways to go...and while i will not be styling this for next 6-8 months, assuming it survives... would be good to get thoughts on how the styling could look when i start doing so...

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page: