Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44611

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Next time, please cite the source. Plagiarism is ugly. Our students get excluded from classes for it.
bonsai.shikoku-np.co.jp/en/word/2009/02/post-40.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44622

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

It would seem there are many ways to bonsai.

The typical reply we always get in threads like this.
If you persist in this hobby, eventually you will understand what we are saying.

No need by the way to copy/paste articles we already know and somethi g that is common, basic knowledge.
The fact that you want to grow bonsai does not make your sticks in pots bonsai.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44623

• Masterarms
  • Masterarms's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1

Next time, please cite the source. Plagiarism is ugly. Our students get excluded from classes for it.
bonsai.shikoku-np.co.jp/en/word/2009/02/post-40.html

There are quotation marks around the paragraph, while I did not cite the source, I did not plagiarize.

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44624

• Masterarms
This is a progression page where I will be posting pictures of my bonsai trees. I will call them bonsai trees because my goal is to make them bonsai trees. Since this is a public forum you can feel free to be negative and I believe I can continue to be a ignorant newbie.

This is a most welcoming place.

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44627

• Masterarms
Here are some quick updates on these two Willow trees, so much rain this week still haven't gotten to put into 5 gallon pots. Waiting for a sunny day.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

These guys are strengthening up nicely.

Here are two new additions. I do not know what kind of trees they are but I liked the look of them and so plucked them from the ground (carefully, with a hand spade) and put them into 5 gallon pots.

- A

- A

- B

- B

Will update Willows when I get around to transplanting!

Last edit: Post by Masterarms.

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44634

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

There are quotation marks around the paragraph, while I did not cite the source, I did not plagiarize.

Interesting how you seem to know things best. Let's just say what I said before. Were this something handed n in one of our classes you would be excluded from the exam for plagiarism. In any case, as i asked before, and as an academic, a book and website author, please cite your source.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Last edit: Post by leatherback.

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44638

• Masterarms
As a literature major I am quite familiar with plagiarism, that was not my intention and I understand your concern. I would never claim somebody else's work or words to be my own.

I would ask that the thread stay on topic. I am interested in posting pictures of the trees that are currently in my care. Thus far I have received only criticism which has not been constructive. I have not asked for said advice and I have not claimed I am doing this to the standards of some on this forum so I do not understand what I've done to elicit such behavior other than posting cuttings in small pots temporarily **OMG THE BLASPHEMY**.

At the end of the day, no need to be rude or nasty. I have thick skin so I really don't care but I have seen threads of people posting growing from seed and who have absolutely zero bonsai experience and are growing indoor with minimal LED lighting - nice little thread.

Don't be a bonsai Nazi.

Last edit: Post by Masterarms.

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44642

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

It looks fine to.me.
Willows are easy to root from cuttings, so now it's waiting time!

It's fair enough.
But let me remind all my first response wasn't nasty at all. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masterarms

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44643

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

AThus far I have received only criticism which has not been constructive.

I would recommend re-reading the thread. I hope you will find that almost all posts have a helpfull side to it.

Will add one more. Keep in mind that overly large pots can easily lead to root problems if you are unable to take care of watering.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masterarms

Just Learning! Weeping Willow cuttings - Advice Welcome! 5 years 7 months ago #44652

• Masterarms
My mistake. I definitely appreciated the warm welcome by yourself. Thank you again! I picked up two other little guys I might end up just posting on a separate thread when they get bigger.