• Page:

TOPIC:

juniper procumbens 5 years 4 months ago #45998

• crent89
  • crent89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 230
well this is the first tree ive styled 100% on my own. everything ive done before has been with help at workshops or restyle. so please feel free to tear me up with some constructive criticism :P cause i know alot will be coming my way. i never realized hard it is to completely wire a tree and how much you have to think ahead when wiring so you dont have crossing wire or which way you are going to bend a branch. i DEFINITELY need lots of work on my wiring and styling skills and for the life of me i could not create a decent looking apex, that has to be the hardest thing to do. here are a few pics of the tree.

before.

major bends.

final.

plan.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

juniper procumbens 5 years 4 months ago #46002

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
I think you did a really good job.

I will leave commenting on the wiring to the wiring police. Especially trees in my backyard that are no where near show ready get wires how, when and where needed. For a first attempt this is done really well.

I would consider using your current "back" as a "front": I do not really like the main branches "T" with the trunk in the middle of the tree. I think the back looks much more interesting than the front.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89

juniper procumbens 5 years 3 months ago #46015

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

i know alot will be coming my way

OK... you asked for it. Hope you can handle it.

Your wiring isn't great. It looks much like the way I wired my trees when I did it for the first time(s).
I do not like the sharp bend in combination with the position of the branches. It looks much like the first trees I shaped.

Now, the positive side:
You managed to shape the tree - including bending the trunk - the way you wanted it without damaging it. The wiring is not that big an issue. It would not be acceptable if it was going to an exhibition, but if it does the trick, then... who cares. Seems you've done a pretty good job with the raffia.

The shape... it's a start. It'll grow, you'll look at it often and patiently consider other / better options, I'm sure.

Well done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89

Last edit: Post by Auk.

juniper procumbens 5 years 3 months ago #46016

• crent89
  • crent89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 230

Your wiring isn't great. It looks much like the way I wired my trees when I did it for the first time(s).
I do not like the sharp bend in combination with the position of the branches. It looks much like the first trees I shaped.

yes wiring is a lot harder than i thought. much respect for those who can wire and a tree still looks pleasing to the eye and not a tangled mess like mine. when looking at the tree now thats all my eyes go to. lol after wiring i found a Mirai video on detail wiring, wish i would have watched that before wiring. i guess lots of practice is what it will take.

The shape... it's a start. It'll grow, you'll look at it often and patiently consider other / better options, I'm sure.

i agree, ive already been looking at the tree and have considered other options. one being what LB mention it does look a little more interesting from the back.
i will just let it grow and see how much the shape will change in the years coming.

thank you for the feed back.

• Page: