Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Juniper beginnings 4 years 10 months ago #50234

• PrettyLarceny
  • PrettyLarceny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 4
Hey guys...., I just joined the forum last week. I live in Austin, TX. I have been an Art Director in the videogame industry for about 25 years. I started studying bonsai a bit in Reseda, CA. but was forced to give away my projects at the time because I was moving a lot for work. I'm settled in now an excited to start focusing on bonsai again. So this tree is something I started on last week. It was just a Green Mound Juniper landscaping shrub from the home improvement store, but it grabbed my eye because it seemed that it came into contact with something at the nursery that forced the lateral growth to downturn sharply over the trunk and down towards the pot. Anyway I'm just keeping it healthy for now but I think that in a few years it could be an interesting semi-cascade. I look forward to seeing everyones aweome work! Cheers

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio, Felidae

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Juniper beginnings 4 years 10 months ago #50258

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Hey guys...., I just joined the forum last week. I live in Austin, TX. I have been an Art Director in the videogame industry for about 25 years. I started studying bonsai a bit in Reseda, CA. but was forced to give away my projects

I read your other post and thought this could not have been your first tree. Seems that's correct :)

Juniper beginnings 4 years 10 months ago #50308

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

So this tree is something I started on last week. [/attachment]

Yes, I like the little tree very much, it seems healthy, the movement is killer, and your wiring is not bad too...
Congrats! We have a thread going on where one can show their trees, have you seen it?
www.bonsaiempire.com/forum/progressions/...if-you-show-me-yours

Juniper beginnings 4 years 10 months ago #50309

• PrettyLarceny
  • PrettyLarceny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 4
Yes, Clicio I did see that....I guess I just considered it more "Pre than "Tree" at this point, there is some lovely stuff in that thread!

I will definitely post stuff up there after the repot this fall or next spring....If all goes to plan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

• Page: