Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

My adventure with a Juniper 3 years 6 months ago #62569

• Nic63impss
  • Nic63impss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
This is my 1st Bonsai. I got it from a friend about a month ago. I love in Utah so summer is hot and winter is cold. I understand Bonsai is something that will take years to develop and like all gardening it is something hat will be challenging, a constant learning experience, and hopefully reward(if I can keep it alive). I just learned yesterday I have a juniper so I am moving it from inside, had it in a window ledge facing west and have moved it outside facing south so it should get TONs of sun. I wanted a was to document it growth and was thinking this for our would be a great spot. Any help or suggestion along this journey are greatly appreciated.

I understand I should get rid of the pebbles and that’s I’ll happen today. Should I also repot it? 750ml bottle for perspective.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My adventure with a Juniper 3 years 6 months ago #62571

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 600
750 ml bottle in a picture to avoid sharing. Boo....

Bill Valvanis has a great series of pictures of a maple every couple of years with sons from 4 or 5 to present day, or at least close to that when I was last there. The sons were late 20s. It shows the tree getting older very effectively. You could pick something that changes to take the pictures with - a dog, a similar tree in the ground, sitting on the hood of different cars, different 750ml bottles,...

On a shorter time scale, a picture in spring with background trees starting to leaf out, summer, fall, winter covered with snow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nic63impss

My adventure with a Juniper 3 years 6 months ago #62574

• Nic63impss
  • Nic63impss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I have read to water daily, maybe even multiple times a day. Is it good to water morning, noon, or night??

My adventure with a Juniper 3 years 6 months ago #62578

• BofhSkull
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 121
Morning. Water again during the day if you see it dried out already.

If the soil drains really well you can’t really overwater it unless you keep it under a shower for the entire day, so don’t be too shy with that: one too many is better than underwatering it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

• Page: