Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Eucalyptus gunni 12 years 2 months ago #3895

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

:dry: I know it takes time. I am still waiting patiently for the other seeds to germinate. I still have some Chinese Elm and Japanese Firethorn in the paper towel / plastic bag method.

Yeah.. I hear a lot of people doing this. Personally I am not a fan of it.. Where in nature do you find paper towels and plastic baggies for germinating seeds :D

When growing temperates, I just 'do as nature'. For the garden (You will find me putting seeds in my flowerbeds in autum) as well as trees (So I have my acer seeds in a course medium, in e pot sitting moist in a corner of my shed, waiting for spring, when I will dig it in a spare corner of the garden for germination. So the cold period is.. Winter.

only my grape cuttings I have moved indoors; Mainly to get a longer growing season and perhaps the first fruits within 2 years after cutting. The first buds are breaking now already, even though we had 16 degrees of frost last week. Inside in a cool room they have decided spring has come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Eucalyptus gunni 12 years 1 month ago #4355

• Vnolan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 17
I was looking at some eucalyptus and they seem like some species can make a nice (and nice smelling :) ) bonsai. They are such an interesting tree. I'd like to see how this one does! I was thinking of buying a small eucalyptus and seeing how it goes. Some species are better than others, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: