TOPIC:

Azalea Suisen 11 years 10 months ago #5528

• Youri1995
  • Youri1995's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Hi everyone! :)

Yesterday I went to Lodder Bonsai, about an hour away from where I live (biggest Bonsai centrum in Europe, if I'm not mistaken!).

There was a little azalea exhibition there, with trees from their own nursery that were all for sale. Also on all azalea's there was 25% off, so I couldn't resist buying one.

It is an Azalea Suisen, full in bloom and in a chinese pot made by Hanpei. I also bought a small accent plant for just €3.

Let me know what you think, I can't get my eyes off this tree in the garden! :)

PS: a little album of the azalea exhibition will be posted soon in the gallery, it was very small, but they exhibited their most beautiful Azalea's they had, it was great to see most of them in bloom!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Azalea Suisen 11 years 10 months ago #5531

• snuffy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 15
Nice tree Youri. I have tree envy now. I have been looking all spring and can't find an azalea that I like. :(

Re: Azalea Suisen 11 years 10 months ago #5532

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
beautifull blooms that's a great find. i have a shohin thats in progressions ,but its not doing well i think its from the weather this year its effecting alot of plants. if you don't know already satsuki are very hard pruned after the flowers are done,and then very particular branch tip selection.check the web there are tons of vids ,they are a very teadious spiecies to work on.

Re: Azalea Suisen 11 years 10 months ago #5533

• Youri1995
  • Youri1995's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Ah, that sucks snuffy, hope you will find one you like! It was hard to choose, there were several there, shohin and bigger ones but I liked the bigger ones more, so I collected all the big Azalea's and put them next to each other so I could compare the nebari with each other etc. Also this one had the most beautiful color of flowers.

Thanks Manofthetrees, I have red thing about azalea's, they're not the easiest species to care for, I will look some videos up about pruning them, thanks!

Re: Azalea Suisen 11 years 10 months ago #5534

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
I have tree envy too. I love that tree. Its really nice.

Re: Azalea Suisen 11 years 10 months ago #5540

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
the vids are a little surprizing at first alot of wild chopping with hedge shears i though the first guy was crazy :pinch: :ohmy: then after watching a few i realized thats how its done
  • Page: