• Page:

TOPIC:

My Progress Thus Far 11 years 9 months ago #6031

• James May
  • James May's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 13
Hey guys... I found some old photos of some of my trees today. It inspired me to put together a little thread on how my trees have progressed so far. I will apologize in advance for the lengthy post. :)

JUNIPER PROCUMBENS NANA : My first bonsai

So here is my first tree. I got it a little over 2 years ago. It was luscious and healthy when I first got it and it had a lot of potential. Sadly I had no experience at the time and I neglected the tree pretty badly. After several die backs I salvaged what I could and styled it to the best of my ability. The first photo is from 2 years ago, the 2nd is from about 6 months ago, and the last picture is what it looks like now.

JUNIPER PROCUMBENS NANA JUNIOR

Here is my little immature juniper I recently acquired. It was a round little shrub when I got it. I wish I took a photo of it when I purchased it. The first photo is after the initial styling and the 2nd photo is what it looks like today.

FICUS NERIFOLIA

I was bored one day so I completely defoliated the little guy and chopped all the branches down short. The 2nd photo is what it looks like now, about 3 weeks after defoliation. I have never defoliated a tree before so I wasnt expecting this tree to bounce back. Im very glad it did! :)

COTONEASTER

This tree really hasnt progressed at all. All I did was remove the foliage growing directly from the trunk and did some light pruning.

SAGERETIA THEEZANS

My Chinese Sweet Plum tree has come a long way without me even realizing it. I have only had the tree for a little over 2 months and it has changed quite a bit. This tree is grown in my bedroom with a humidity tray and grow lights (notice the leaves are a little larger now). The first photo is the day I got it (and repotted it), the 2nd photo is from about 2 weeks ago, and the last photo is what it looks like today.

Well that is what I got so far. I will post pictures of my Japanese Maple once Ive had it for a while (no point in posting a progression over 2 days.. lol).

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please let me know.

Cheers ;)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by James May.

Re: My Progress Thus Far 11 years 9 months ago #6032

• Hayes
  • Thanks received: 1
You have very nice trees. Great job! Hopefully i will be that good one day. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: