• Page:

TOPIC:

Waitng......waiting 11 years 8 months ago #6190

• Gnarlwood
  • Gnarlwood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 21
My cherry tree is too small, my grape is too thin, my dwarf alberta spruce is growing around a rock, and my birds nest spruce needs to wait for the fall before I can prune and or pot it.......

Alas I only have my Thyme bonsai to keep me company.

Im suffering from bonsai construction. I have been thinking about making a bonsai out of my bluberry bush. Perhaps I could get some instant bonsai gratification there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Waitng......waiting 11 years 8 months ago #6194

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
.. Bonsai is a matter of patience. For the beginner however, I have heard it said, it is often good to have a reasonable amount of trees. THat way you don't love the trees to death. Add some Ligustrum to your collection; They should be growing like mad at this time of year, keeping you busy. Same for Acer palmatum. Naturally, if all/most your trees are in the trunk building phase, there is nog much you can do but sit and wait, and wait.. :D

Waitng......waiting 11 years 8 months ago #6203

• ironhorse
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 72
Second that - in addition to 4 or 5 'full grown' trees I have a further 50 or 60 seedlings/saplings/cuttings of at least a dozen different varieties and there is always something which needs to be done.. never bored. And most of those cost nothing, found in my garden courtesy of the local bird population.

Dave

• Page: