Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Wild collected trees being shaped for Bonsai! 7 years 5 months ago #27271

• Organic Chris
  • Organic Chris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hey everyone.
Now, I know these pictures are not as good as some of yours, but I don't care. I am becoming addicted very quickly, and I am looking forward to watching these trees mature into beautiful Bonsai trees.
Some of these have wire on them already. Some I still have to wire. Others are just too small to do anything with yet. But, as time goes on, I will post more pictures.

I even have a grape that I rooted from last year's grape vine, and the roots are very well formed. I cut the tap root off, like I was instructed, and trimmed up the small stringy roots. This grape plant will be going into a pot to become a Bonsai Grape Plant soon, and I will post pics when I do that as well.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wild collected trees being shaped for Bonsai! 7 years 5 months ago #27273

• Organic Chris
  • Organic Chris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Hey everyone.
Now, I know these pictures are not as good as some of yours, but I don't care. I am becoming addicted very quickly, and I am looking forward to watching these trees mature into beautiful Bonsai trees.
Some of these have wire on them already. Some I still have to wire. Others are just too small to do anything with yet. But, as time goes on, I will post more pictures.

I even have a grape that I rooted from last year's grape vine, and the roots are very well formed. I cut the tap root off, like I was instructed, and trimmed up the small stringy roots. This grape plant will be going into a pot to become a Bonsai Grape Plant soon, and I will post pics when I do that as well.

I have some videos too, but, I can not put these on here. But, they are on my facebook. My name there is Christoforo Giuseppi Francesco Vacirca I .

Wild collected trees being shaped for Bonsai! 7 years 5 months ago #27275

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
Well... in 15 years time that oak (?) could become a pre-bonsai. The rest doesn't seem usable except for literati maybe.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Wild collected trees being shaped for Bonsai! 7 years 5 months ago #27281

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Good to see you have started.

A few points of attention though. Note that growibg bonsai from seed(lings) may take a generation or more. Also try to get some more mature plants to work with. Furthermore, as far as i can tell, all of these have to be outdoors.

Have a look at some bonsai websites and the size of the trees used.

Wild collected trees being shaped for Bonsai! 7 years 5 months ago #27664

• Dominion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 28
oh please, do yourself and nature a favor and plant them somewhere in your garden or back where you dugg them up..

• Page: