Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Pinus Parviflora Negishi 7 years 3 months ago #28344

• Drakes
  • Drakes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 12
Hello! I had some fun during the last 3 days working on this nursery material that I received as a gift from a nurseryman in September. Not a great material because the trunk is too straight, it had a bulge (or cluster of branches, or reverse taper I don't know exactly how to say it in English) that I had to fix. I think it won't ever be a great (or good) bonsai but it's good to keep me trained and to get more experience on how to wire, develop the branches and overall care of a wired Tree. I pruned a lot of branches, tried to add some movement to the trunk and I shortened it about 1/4. Please feel free to give advices and critics. Happy holidays!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pinus Parviflora Negishi 7 years 3 months ago #28346

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
You need to remove below the bulge. That will never go. The wire is doing nothing The wire does not look as if it will hold anyway as it is not heavy enough to hold the branch when bent, but it is a reasonable piece of material to work on
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drakes

Pinus Parviflora Negishi 7 years 3 months ago #28355

• Drakes
  • Drakes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 12
Thank you m5eaygeoff, I was talking about the middle part where you see all those stubs I left when I pruned the branches. It's not clearly visible (I thought those pics were of a better quality) but the upper part is fine (if you were talking about that) i placed a branch giving it a "T" shape to create the apex. I am worried about the middle part, don't know how to fix it.

• Page: