Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Pruning a Sageretia Theezans with Moyogi shape 6 years 7 months ago #35193

• Ángela
  • Ángela's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi! I'm new here and I just bought my first bonsai yesterday, a Sageretia Theezans from Oriental Bonsai. I've pruned what seemed obviously wrong but now I'm trying to figure out what to leave and how to style it. I really have no clue how to prune it to make it look as good as possible with the shape and style it has. I looked at the little chart/guide in this website but I felt like I'd cut more than half of it if I were to follow that! haha

Do you have any help yo offer me as to what I should cut and how to go about styling it in general?
Thank you!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pruning a Sageretia Theezans with Moyogi shape 6 years 7 months ago #35203

• 333Adriaan333
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 26
Best thing to do is to google the tree look at photos and then do what feels best for you cos you dont wanna make the tree in the way someone els wants it but your own way. Let the tree sit have a look at it. Tomorrow look at it again and so on. It will come to you on what you want

Pruning a Sageretia Theezans with Moyogi shape 6 years 7 months ago #35204

• Bunsen33
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 43
Generally speaking, with a trunk that has a lot of movement/curves to it you don't want to have branches that come out of the inside of a curve - especially a dramatic curve. It's a little hard to tell if you've got any of that going on from the picture but if you do it will make branch selection easier.

• Page: