Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Juniper what do I do? 5 years 9 months ago #41485

• Monkey.D.Luffy
  • Monkey.D.Luffy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello anyone who can help!,

I've had my Juniper for just under 2 years now, bought it at a local plant shop which had some very early stages and varieties of Bonsai, maybe even too early to be called that, I'm not sure. Anyway I've been doing my research here and there over the years and just realized it hasn't really been growing cause it was in such a tiny pot, and as I've familiarize myself with a bit of the bonsai terminology, I've also realized it's growing and inverse taper. I guess I'm posting this cause I really want to get it to start growing the right way now, I want to get some sort of taper through the sacrifice branch method,and I'm really not sure where I should be cutting and pruning to make that happen.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Juniper what do I do? 5 years 9 months ago #41488

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 850
This is just the early years of training a small tree. It is in desperate need of pruning and pinching. Buy a book join a club, much easier to learn than internet. It is in a colossal pot for the size of the plant, but that would be ok if it needs to grow bigger and get a reasonable trunk. Forget the inverse taper it should grow out with correct culture, there is not much you can do to correct it at this stage. You have to think of it as a plant first not bonsai, treat it as a plant, water, fertiliser pruning and re potting are all actvities that plants need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: