Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

What will be the best shape for this pine tree training as bonsai ? 5 years 5 months ago #45532

• Noob1234
  • Noob1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
What will be the best shape for this pine tree training as bonsai, suggestions will be appreciated

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What will be the best shape for this pine tree training as bonsai ? 5 years 5 months ago #45533

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
My first question is what is it? Very odd looking plant. I would think it needs growing on for a year or two as there is very little foliage I probably would not use it but if you must then I think it needs to be planted either in the ground or in a large container and allowed to grow freely.

What will be the best shape for this pine tree training as bonsai ? 5 years 5 months ago #45535

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
Hi and welcome.
I like the trunk, but the tree is leggy.. and IF IT WERE MINE, I would chop it down a lot.

What will be the best shape for this pine tree training as bonsai ? 5 years 5 months ago #45537

• crent89
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 230
maybe chop the right first branch and go with a literati.

What will be the best shape for this pine tree training as bonsai ? 5 years 5 months ago #45543

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
I remember vaguely a picture in one of my early books that looks just like this. A Himalayan Pine, if I remember. It was on a page of what was then considered odd ball trees. The style they had it in was sort of literati. I remember thinking I would have called it English Sheepdog Pine.

What will be the best shape for this pine tree training as bonsai ? 5 years 5 months ago #45545

• Orlando
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 151
Very difficult to give advice from this picture. looking at the foliage, i think a pinus densiflora

• Page: