Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Should I prune or Wire this Pre-Bonsai I bought from the nursery? 5 years 4 months ago #45641

• BillyBonsai118
  • BillyBonsai118's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
recently bought a Podocarpus pre- bonsai From the nursery. It seems like it needs some pruning, but I am afraid that will ruin the kook of it since the leaf size is quite large and there is just a handful of twigs on the tree. Also, I am not sure if I should wire the tree or not.

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by BillyBonsai118.

Should I prune or Wire this Pre-Bonsai I bought from the nursery? 5 years 4 months ago #45642

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Your first focus should be on keeping it alive and healthy. Once you have managed that for a year, consider pruning/wiring.

Should I prune or Wire this Pre-Bonsai I bought from the nursery? 5 years 4 months ago #45645

• BillyBonsai118
  • BillyBonsai118's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thank you very much! I have another problem that is bothering me for a while, that is if I should repot this bonsai, or should I wait. When I saw the soil after I bought it, the aeration and water drainage seems really bad, and I found "creatures" living inside it, that makes me wonder as if the previous owner hasn't repot this plant for a while now. Should I repot it at Spring?

Should I prune or Wire this Pre-Bonsai I bought from the nursery? 5 years 4 months ago #45646

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Should I repot it at Spring?

Could you please post a picture of the plant showing the soil?
If it is as bad as you say, yes you should repot it in the spring

• Page: