Bonsai forum

My First Bonsai

• reamemiya034
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

My First Bonsai was created by reamemiya034

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51557
Hello, I’ve been fascinated by bonsai for most of my life and never had the means to do it on my own. This past weekend I started my first bonsai using a Green Mound Juniper I got from a garden center. It has a cascading thing going on and I’m doing my best to prune and style it. A point of confusion for me is in the 11th photo (not sure why my photos are duplicates) where one of the branch has a fish bone thing going on, not sure to trim the tiny branches or keep them, I decided to keep them for now since one of the bigger pads cover them. I was wondering if some members could give me input on what I’ve done so far, pruning/apex/trunk? Anything you can offer I thank you, it’ll help me grow. You don’t have to sugarcoat ;)
Last Edit:4 years 9 months ago by reamemiya034

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by reamemiya034.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Replied by Clicio on topic My First Bonsai

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51571
Well, congrats for being here and doing bonsai.
All in all your wiring is good (could be better, but not bad for a beginner), the little tree is much better looking than before (a plus!), but I think it still could lose some branches, but you did well leaving them for the moment, better safe than sorry, and once you chop something off it's difficult to revert the situation.
Talking about reverting things, the trunk has a strong reverse taper that you have to pay attention in the future,
Good job!
by Clicio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.