Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Best time to prune evergreen. 11 years 8 months ago #6436

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
If the tree you have showed is the tree you are working on, I would seriously recommend finding a local knowledgable person to help you with the tree. You can very easily ruin a tree by not knowing the right technique and timings, which would really a waste with the material you have there. Find a good local bonsai artist to help you, show you how to care for it, how to prune etc. Otherwise risk is big that you will do more damage than improve the tree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugslugger1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best time to prune evergreen. 11 years 8 months ago #6445

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
i totaly agree jelle

i was considering adding something to that effect to my post after i logged out...what i stated tho is what needs to be done this season to refine the look of that tree it is quite overgrown
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugslugger1

Best time to prune evergreen. 11 years 8 months ago #6450

• Bugslugger1
  • Bugslugger1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Will do. There is a local bonsai club. I don't know if anyone in it is knowledgeable. I'll find out.

Best time to prune evergreen. 11 years 8 months ago #6507

• Gnarlwood
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 21
Trully an ideal bonsai specimen. I would agree with the others. Get an expert opinion first or at least research it extesivly on the internet.

You see bonsai is as complicated or as easy as you make it. However, the techniques employed are mathematically precise and should be rehearsed like a surgery.

Perhaps if you have a friend who tends bonsai then the two of you could trim it together. Sometimes having two people together works well when dealing with complex issues.

• Page: