Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17206

• Jwoo
  • Jwoo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
This tree is from nursery stock.
I've had it since early spring. Continuous pruning has promoted considerable back budding but It's completely out of scale so I'm tempted to prune it back severely.
Because it is an evergreen I'm worried about when to prune and re-pot.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17224

• Jwoo
More specifically, what percentage of leaves must be maintained for a plant like this to winter?
Secondly, am I right to wait until late spring to transfer this plant to a bonsai pot?
Again thanks for any help.

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17258

• Jwoo
I suppose I should be grateful you chose to ignore my question rather than insult me.
Thanks guys

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17263

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
You're welcome.

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17266

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

I suppose I should be grateful you chose to ignore my question rather than insult me.
Thanks guys

Odd remark?
If you do not get any replies, it typically means people do not work on this species, and/or do not have an answer. I for one do not grow this species so cannot tell you what it can handle.

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17270

• Jwoo
Actually not an odd remark.
Considering condescending assholes like Auk continue to make new people on here feel like idiots.
If I'm not mistaken, it says BASIC bonsai not " I'm a pretentious expert who needs to demean people to make myself feel like a man"

If you don't want to KINDLY SHARE your OVERWHELMING knowledge with beginners then stay off forums.

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17271

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Actually not an odd remark.

Actually, it is. No one replied because this is not a usual species for bonsai.
This is something you could have found out, and you could have learned how to take care of this species by Googling. I do not know this species, and I'm not going to do the Googling for you (well... actualy I did, and I found the relevant information, but I'm not going to share it with you. I'm not here to teach people how to search for information).

Considering condescending assholes like Auk

I know people don't like the truth and they get disappointed when I tell them their seedling has got nothing to do with Bonsai. I'm not saying that because I think I'm better than others, I am saying it because it frustrates me that there are people selling worthless crap to ignorant people, making them pay far too much for something that isn't worth it. I hate such practices, it is giving bonsai a bad rep, and yes, that does shine through in my answers.

All I am doing is telling the truth. Unlike you, I do not insult people.

If I'm not mistaken, it says BASIC bonsai not " I'm a pretentious expert who needs to demean people to make myself feel like a man"

I have never claimed to be an expert. I have never been condescendant towards people that are really trying to grow a bonsai and that are willing to learn - even if it is from a seedling.

I am fed up with people that post their silly crap, don't do any research, don't read the forum or the wealth of information that is available on this website, but do expect us to repeatedly answer the same questions over and over again, and expect instant gratification after they have bought something that is not, and never will be, a bonsai.

You're apparently no different. Being all frustrated when you don't get an answer. I'm not an expert, I Google. It's not so hard. Try it.

If you don't want to KINDLY SHARE your OVERWHELMING knowledge with beginners then stay off forums.

I don't HAVE to KINDLY SHARE anything, especially not with people that are to lazy to do any research theirselves. With others, I do share a lot, which you would have known if you had bothered reading a bit more on this forum, so STFU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback, Orlando

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17274

• Jwoo
Then don't answer the damn questions! Your dickish attitude is NOT NECCESSARY.
If the questions are too redundant, or uneducated for your douchey self then IGNORE them.
You're "fed up"? If a hobby that is supposed to encourage peace and relaxation makes you so angry that you have to berate people, you should probably take up bowling.

People are not IGNORANT if buying non bonsai from a nursery, they are UNEDUCATED.
THAT'S why they go to a PUBLIC FORUM!

If you want to play with your little trees all alone..then HAVE A PRIVATE FORUM.
IT WAS GOOGLED genius.. Damn your brilliant.

STFU? What are you 12?

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17275

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Then don't answer the damn questions!
If the questions are too redundant, or uneducated for your douchey self then IGNORE them.

Well, that's exactly what I did, didn't I? So what's your problem?

Pruning Kalmia Latifolia Pristine (mountain laurel 8 years 6 months ago #17277

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Then don't answer the damn questions! Your dickish attitude is NOT NECCESSARY.
You're "fed up"? If a hobby that is supposed to encourage peace and relaxation makes you so angry that you have to berate people, you should probably take up bowling.

- You are calling out on this forum for being ignored. And now you complain that some should just ignore questions they do not like
- Find that people are uneducated. Yet, when someone educates them (That is not a bonsai, it is a cutting in a pot) the person is a dick?
- The hobby is supposed to encourage peace (Where is that actually claimed) you say. Yet you are the one who, on the fourth post to this website, starts calling people names?

Really. Cool down. Relax. Read. Learn.
Read WHAT is being written. Do not try to make more out of it than is written. It is solid advice (Put the plant in the garden and wait 5 years, meanwhile buy better material if you are serious about bonsai). And please don't try to insult the people who are actually answering questions from newbies.

Last edit: Post by leatherback.
  • Page: