Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

First Wiring to Shaped 7 years 6 months ago #26280

• Hypno_Hiker
  • Hypno_Hiker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi Folks!

I am interested in creating and then selling bonsai. I am wondering what the average time frame would be from the first wiring to the plant being shaped.

I was also wondering if any of you offer a maintenance service to clients. If so, how you charge for the service/what type of contract do you offer.

Have an awesome day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Wiring to Shaped 7 years 6 months ago #26299

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I am interested in creating and then selling bonsai. I am wondering what the average time frame would be from the first wiring to the plant being shaped.

I don't think I understand the question. Can you explain?

First Wiring to Shaped 7 years 6 months ago #26322

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54

Hi Folks!

I was also wondering if any of you offer a maintenance service to clients. If so, how you charge for the service/what type of contract do you offer.

This seems like a business question. Are you looking for someone who has started a business selling Bonsai? If so.. I would suggest emailing other online business's. I doubt you'll get a response, but worth a shot. Or you could go to a local person who sells them and speak with them. Or perhaps take a class on basic Bonsai to understand the full process. This may give you an idea for a time frame, costs, and quality of trees that you'd like to be know for. Florida has great weather for tropical Bonsai. There must be some serious minded artist in your area.

First Wiring to Shaped 7 years 6 months ago #26355

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Ten years between cutting and riugh styling. 50 years from seed to sellable tree, taking japanese as a standard. It is not a quick moneymaker, and very few can live off it.

• Page: