My tree is out of control - where to start ??

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #26665 by Perseus73
We bought this a year ago. It's a Chinese (something something - help anyone ?).
We wired it a little but removed them as we weren't sure. However, the little fella is out of control. No nice foliage spread, it's all in clumps and we just don't know where to start. I can't see any patterns other than branches crossing and too much foliage at the extremities.
Any advice ? Can anyone put arrows on the pic and show us which ones to trim first ?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Perseus73.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.
7 years 6 months ago #26672 by Auk
Please post images on the forum.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #26673 by Perseus73
Replied by Perseus73 on topic My tree is out of control - where to start ??

Wouldn't let me for some reason.

Edit: Ah that worked.

This message has an attachment image.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Perseus73.

7 years 6 months ago #26685 by Auk
Sorry, I pass this time.

7 years 6 months ago #26704 by Auk
However, if it was mine, after potting it in a larger pot, proper soil letting it grow for quite some time to get it healthy, I'd probably do this:

This message has an attachment image.

My tree is out of control - where to start ?? - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

7 years 6 months ago #26707 by leatherback
Replied by leatherback on topic My tree is out of control - where to start ??
Rotate to the left, and use the first branch on the right for the tree. That shoul in time make it an interesting plant. Remove the rest.

7 years 6 months ago #26862 by Matthew16929
Replied by Matthew16929 on topic My tree is out of control - where to start ??
It's a Chinese elm I'm pretty sure
You can tell by the jagged leaves

7 years 6 months ago #26880 by eangola
Replied by eangola on topic My tree is out of control - where to start ??

Auk wrote: However, if it was mine, after potting it in a larger pot, proper soil letting it grow for quite some time to get it healthy, I'd probably do this:

Thumbs up on this one.