Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Opinions 7 years 1 month ago #29747

• tommyboy26
  • tommyboy26's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I am going to cut the branch growing from the bottom of the tree and the one on the bend totally off and use them as cuttings. I'm cutting the branches as I feel they don't flow with the shape of the tree. I would like to hear people's opinions on a few ideas I have.

1)Use the cuttings and repot them with tree in a bigger pot to make a forest style. My only fear is because the tree is in the informal upright style that it might not look right.

2) plant the cuttings close to the tree and bind them to make a multi trunk style. Again I fear it might not look right over time.

3) plant the cuttings separately in a different pot and let them grow or in the same pot and bind them in the hope they grow into each other.

Would like to know people's thoughts as I try to decide the long term plan for the tree.

Photos attached show branches I'm cutting and the top of the tree. The top has become quite cluttered as the tree grows I feel it might need a pruning?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Opinions 7 years 1 month ago #29750

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Leave the lower branches on. Let them shoot so you develop a bit of taper on the trunk instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: