• eangola
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 82

Replied by eangola on topic New to bonsai

Posted 6 years 10 months ago #33808

mariusp wrote:

Auk wrote:

mariusp wrote: Also, what soil do you recommand to pot?

Why do you think you need to repot it?

To grow fast, i think. What do you recommand to do?
I don't think i understand you clear. These species, the three that i have, it is good for a bonsai or not? If not, what do you recommand for a beginner as i am?
Thanks

What Auk said is true. It is not the best species for Bonsai, specially for a beginner. That doesn't mean you can't practice with it, as you already have the plant and you are interested in Bonsai. You can use it and learn some basics, such as how to take care of a tropical plant, watering, soil mixture, fertilizing, maybe even wiring, etc etc... In the meantime, look for some better material to work on. Just don't expect to get a Bonsai out of your first plant, and this is going to happen no matter what species you get. Of course it is better to practice with something more suitable and educational.

And yes, if you move it to a larger pot it will grow faster. But you also need to bring it outdoors for the summer.
Last Edit:6 years 10 months ago by eangola
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by eangola.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mariusp
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by mariusp on topic New to bonsai

Posted 6 years 10 months ago #33811
Thanks for answers, it's very usefull. I can put this tree outside but in the current of air. This is fine for it? Also, i am arleady looking for a new tree, maybe a ficus or a citric, or a tree from local.
by mariusp

• eangola
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 82

Replied by eangola on topic New to bonsai

Posted 6 years 10 months ago #33817

mariusp wrote: Thanks for answers, it's very usefull. I can put this tree outside but in the current of air. This is fine for it? Also, i am arleady looking for a new tree, maybe a ficus or a citric, or a tree from local.

what is "the current of air"?
by eangola

• mariusp
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by mariusp on topic New to bonsai

Posted 6 years 10 months ago #33818
Sorry, english is not my first language. I mean when the plant stay in wind. I put my tree close to window.
by mariusp

• jimib
  • Thanks received: 3

Replied by jimib on topic New to bonsai

Posted 6 years 10 months ago #33836
Jade tree is actually listed on this site as suitable for bonsai. Of course the opening video on this site also shows a small nursery stock juniper styled a little and put in a bonsai pot and referred to as "bonsai" when it clearly needs to go in the ground for 10 years or so....a little confusing to us newbies...
by jimib

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Replied by Auk on topic New to bonsai

Posted 6 years 10 months ago #33839

jimib wrote: Jade tree is actually listed on this site as suitable for bonsai.

That is an opinion - but I think this site lists species that are used for bonsai, not necessarily the species that make real good bonsai.
It can be pruned, it can grow more branches, it gets more ramification and you can put it in a pot.
That doesn't mean they are very suitable - unless when you live in it's native climate, let it grow pretty big and accept that it will never look as good as a pine, a juniper, a larch, a maple or other species that do make stunning trees.
Last Edit:6 years 10 months ago by Auk
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Auk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mariusp