• Page:

TOPIC:

japanese red maple slip pot 5 years 11 months ago #39182

• crent89
  • crent89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 230
so i have my red maple in a training pot that just started opening buds 3 days ago. the training pot that its in some how cracked and looks to be getting worse everyday and im afraid im going to come home one day and the tree is going to be on the ground. The extra training pot i have is not as deep as the one its in now but certainly is a tad bit wider so i know all existing soil and roots will fit. would doing a repot cause any harm? well more of a slip pot, but i would have to disturb the roots a little to make it fit in the new pot. i would not trim any roots nor add new soil just basically make a wider base so it fits in the pot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

japanese red maple slip pot 5 years 11 months ago #39185

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102
Wrap some kitchen cellophane around it to hold it together until you find a proper size container to be able to slip pot. If it is not possible or you don't like the idea, in my opinion a little bit of rootwork to fit the pot will not cause any harm if the tree is healthy
The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89

japanese red maple slip pot 5 years 11 months ago #39187

• crent89
  • crent89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 230

Wrap some kitchen cellophane around it to hold it together until you find a proper size container to be able to slip pot. If it is not possible or you don't like the idea, in my opinion a little bit of rootwork to fit the pot will not cause any harm if the tree is healthy

i was thinking of trying to wrap it somehow just didn't know with what, but i think the cellophane might work.

if not, the tree is indeed healthy and both pots are 4 quart containers just slightly different geometry like mentioned before.

japanese red maple slip pot 5 years 11 months ago #39188

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
go ahead and repot. Just keep it out of sun and wind for a week or so. It should not have any trouble
The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89

• Page: