Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Repotting 5 years 3 weeks ago #47905

• TattedBison
  • TattedBison's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello,
I have searched the internet far and wide in search of an answer but to no prevail. My question is when should I repot my bonsai sprouts? I know this has been asked many times but I currently have three Pinus Aristata in a bamboo fiber pot and I am worried about their roots intertwining. I have called a couple local “professionals” but have yet to receive a clear answer. Thanks in advance for any help (:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Repotting 5 years 3 weeks ago #47906

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
This question is nothing to do with bonsai. The seedling in the picture have hardly germinated, it will be some weeks before you are able to pot them up. The usual advice for seedlings is to prick them out once they are big enough to handle
The following user(s) said Thank You: TattedBison

Repotting 5 years 3 weeks ago #47911

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I have searched the internet far and wide in search of an answer but to no prevail. My question is when should I repot my bonsai sprouts?

There's no such thing as bonsai seed, bonsai sprouts, bonsai seedlings or bonsai saplings. They're just seed, sprouts, seedlings and saplings.

First of all: you're not growing a bonsai, you're growing a tree. That tree you are growing to become suitable for bonsai, but still first thing you are doing is growing a tree. Guidelines for growing trees can be easily found.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TattedBison

• Page: