Bonsai forum

Distance Between Plants?

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236

Replied by Felidae on topic Distance Between Plants?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50251
Auk and LB are right. Too much factor to determine and those aren’t bonsais.
General: half meter if you want to leave a year, one, one and half meter if you need 2-3 years of development. With time it’s augmented.
by Felidae

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Replied by Auk on topic Distance Between Plants?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50256

Felidae wrote: Auk and LB are right. Too much factor to determine and those aren’t bonsais.
General: half meter if you want to leave a year, one, one and half meter if you need 2-3 years of development. With time it’s augmented.

Yup. It all depends and without more information we're just guessing...

Assuming it concerns young trees, that are grown in full ground to develop into pre-bonsai, in a suitable climate:
Decide how big you want to grow them. As LB said, consider the canopy. Keep sufficient distance between what the future canopies will be.and you should be fine. Of course you can place barriers between the trees.
Last Edit:4 years 10 months ago by Auk
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Auk.

• Hansen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 86

Replied by Hansen on topic Distance Between Plants?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50257
Ajburns

Just ignore the "bonsai master" auk. He is arrogant to all new members of the forum. I have seen many new members complain about his bad tone. But he never changes and no one tells him. Leatherback and Clicio are doing a great job. But auk is simply so arrogant towards new members. I don't think it's okay that many new members are complaining about him Without him doing anything about it. He has also spoken in a.bad tone to me many times, but it is obviously okay in here if one has made many posts to scare new members away. It's sad. And when you tell him that he is arrogant, like you did. Then he can suddenly help you. It's the same everytime. And im tired to read how he talks to new members.
Last Edit:4 years 10 months ago by Hansen
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Hansen.

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50259

Hansen wrote: Just ignore the "bonsai master" auk. He is arrogant to all new members of the forum.

Nah. I just give answers that people do not like to hear, like:
- That underdeveloped ficus is not a good focal point.
- That plant is not a bonsai and very overprized
- It is not such a good idea to try and grow bonsai indoors

Yep, bursting bubbles for a couple of years now. Sorry, someone has to do it.

And let me repeat once again something that I have written in numerous posts: I am NOT a bonsai master, just an amateur.
Last Edit:4 years 10 months ago by Auk
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Auk.

• Hansen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 86

Replied by Hansen on topic Distance Between Plants?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50261
You are ignoring the fact that many new members think you speak in ad bad tone and are arrogant.

Try to understand that it's not what you write that is the problem it's you tone. We all write things that people dont like to hear. But you are the only person that new members are complaining about. Try to understand it this time. You are scaring new members away.

We all know that you are not a master. It was a joke. No bonsai masters are that arrogant to new bonsai people that you are.
by Hansen

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236

Replied by Felidae on topic Distance Between Plants?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50262
Personally I hate political correctness, but it’s just me... I like how Auk tells what he thinks.
When I was new on this forum, Auk was here.. Auk was the same. He hit me on the ground from the clouds few times.
Maybe some of you don’t like the tone, but with the majority he’s right. Read what he want to say and not how he do... You’ll learn a lot.
by Felidae

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50265

Hansen wrote: We all write things that people dont like to hear. But you are the only person that new members are complaining about

And these new members are sending these complaints to you and you collect them? Interesting.
by Auk

• ajburns1
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 6

Replied by ajburns1 on topic Distance Between Plants?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50282
Honestly I appreciated Auk’s advice on the focal point and overpriced plant posts I made, he just makes them in a very arrogant fashion. I didn’t loose any sleep over it, as I’m sure he/she didn’t either.
by ajburns1

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50287

ajburns1 wrote: Honestly I appreciated Auk’s advice on the focal point and overpriced plant posts I made, he just makes them in a very arrogant fashion. I didn’t loose any sleep over it, as I’m sure he/she didn’t either.

Let's look that up:

> It's hardly a bonsai, very not zen, and a rip-off.

What's arrogant about that? It's an opinion. I do not see anything that's Zen about that plant. Honestly, this cannot be called a bonsai, and it is far too expensive. Saying it is too expensive is not arrogant towards you, it's being annoyed at people daring to ask such a price.
by Auk

• ajburns1
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 6

Replied by ajburns1 on topic Distance Between Plants?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50294
I said I appreciated your response, I didn’t mean you were arrogant on that specific response simply in general, which is pretty much a fact at this point. I’m done bickering with you tho, thanks for the responses.
Last Edit:4 years 10 months ago by ajburns1
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by ajburns1.