Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Fukien Tea 4 years 8 months ago #51997

• Lynda
  • Lynda's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 4
Several weeks ago, I purchased a nursery potted Fukien. After consulting with the grower, I potted it in a bonsai pot. Most of the leaves have turned yellow and fallen off. I used my own potting mix, 30% pea gravel, perlite, and organic compost with 10% coarse sand. I have several trees in this material that are growing very well. I was convinced the tree was going to die, so I ordered another, already in a bonsai pot, from the same grower. The first tree is being watered twice a day, when the soil is in the dry zone on my meter, the second tree only gets dry once every other day. I top water until the water runs through the drainage holes. Both trees are in the morning sun/afternoon shade to acclimate to the environment. Should I slip pot the first tree into Tiny Roots Tropical soil or leave it alone? I am in zone 6 A/B (New England, USA) and it has been between 85-100 degrees Fahrenheit daily for the last few weeks.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fukien Tea 4 years 8 months ago #52001

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
Lynda, leave them alone, I guess the first one will recover if you keep the watering right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: