Bonsai forum

trouble 3 days after repotting

• Kelseylol
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

trouble 3 days after repotting was created by Kelseylol

Posted 3 years 10 months ago #60412
I just repotted my 2 month old flame trees for the first time 3 days ago. It had to be done now since I had initially planted the seeds in the same small peat pot and the fast-growing plants recently started to compete and overlap.

The new containers each have 4 quarter-inch diameter holes for drainage with a layer of mesh and layer of pebbles. I used Perfect Plants organic bonsai soil in the new containers, and I have been watering with a spray bottle of filtered water mixed with Aquatic Arts bonsai fertilizer for about 3 weeks. Nothing has really changed in their daily life except the new soil.

The plants live on a west-facing window sill that gets lots of light throughout the day and 2 to 3 hours of direct sunlight in the afternoon. I live in a small apartment that only has two windows facing west, so not a lot of flexibility there.

I didn't do much root pruning when I pulled the plants because they are so young, but I did a little bit of work to trim the lead root down a bit and try to get them growing radially. 3 days after repotting, one tree is doing fine but the other is wilting, yellowing, and dropping leaves. I started noticing the wiliting and yellowing yesterday. Today the leaves are dropping fast. It's weak and I don't know why. Any suggestions about how to adjust my setup or routine to get it back to full health?

I have attached 3 images of the plant today and one image of both plants immediately after repotting 3 days ago for comparison.
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit:3 years 10 months ago by Kelseylol

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Kelseylol. Reason: Attachments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.