Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Growing some seeds 3 years 6 months ago #63145

• Emilia
  • Emilia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I used one of those growing kits and now have 3 Norway Spruce growing in the same pot. Although I tried to plant the seeds far apart they appear to have sprouted nearly on top of each other. They only started growing last week, but I’m concerned that one of them is already showing signs of dying which may be because it has another sprout nearly on top of it. When is would it be appropriate to transplant the soil pod into a larger pot? Is one of the sprouts doomed? The pot the kit came with is really tiny.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Growing some seeds 3 years 6 months ago #63157

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
you figured it out , great :)

So, outside with them if they are not already.
water them, the soil and pot look very dry.
Just let them grow, if necessary plant them in individual a bit bigger pots early spring ( or better just outside in the ground)

You do understand that normal trees will grow out of these seeds? Bonsai seed does not exist

Last edit: Post by lucR.

Growing some seeds 3 years 6 months ago #63159

• Emilia
  • Emilia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thank you! I live in Eastern Canada and in the next few months it’s about to get really cold. Should I bring them in during the snowy periods? The guide with the kit says to keep them in a warm place once they’ve germinated - I guess I picked the wrong time of year to attempt growing!

Growing some seeds 3 years 6 months ago #63161

• BofhSkull
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 121

Thank you! I live in Eastern Canada and in the next few months it’s about to get really cold.

Well, it’s not like in Norway they’d be drinking Mai Tai on the beach either. :)

Give them some protection from wind and extreme frost. But definitely do not keep them inside.

• Page: