Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Flame Tree Growth / Dormant? 1 year 2 months ago #79001

• Matty87
  • Matty87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi there first post on this, been trying to look for answers on the good old google and in here but i cant seem to find what i am looking for. Basically i got some Flame Tree seeds last Xmas 2021 planted and they came to life, my x2 trees have been growing fast since i got them right up until this year 2022 start of July when i noticed that it just stopped growing?? it has new growth where it started a new branch etc and very small leaves, but the tree hasn't got any bigger since and this is around 5 months now with no growth, The older leaves / branches (ones at the bottom) are going yellow and dropping off, but it was doing this when it was growing fast so am guessing it gets rid of the old ones when it gets bigger.

The temperature is fine and it has good plant lights as you might be able to tell in the picture, the place where they were before was in my kitchen on the window, and it grew from seed there to the height they are now in the picture i have attached.

So am hoping since its the winter months here in the UK regardless of the temperature etc in my house, the tree is in dormant mode for now?. It looks healthy the leaves that are on top spread out nice and no sagging etc.

kind regards
Matty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flame Tree Growth / Dormant? 1 year 2 months ago #79003

• Matty87
My file seems to not have attached in the my original post of my x2 trees, but here they are

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Flame Tree Growth / Dormant? 1 year 2 months ago #79052

• Albas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 283
Hello.

Yes, Delonix Regia is a deciduous species, mine here go 100% leafless on winter...

Flame Tree Growth / Dormant? 1 year 2 months ago #79054

• Matty87
thanks for the reply, i hope its doing this because its the winter here in the UK, but the tree is indoors, hoping it will start to grow again in the next coming months, its does have a new growth that it started but its still curled up lol

• Page: