Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Loose tree 11 years 7 months ago #6342

• max
  • max's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello!

I bought a Carpinus betulus online and it arrived today. I am 100% happy with it except for the fact that it does not sit firmly in its training pot.
I don't have to push the trunk hard to make it move to one side. The position the trunk is in looks good to me, even though a bit less upright than in the photos I saw online, so I can't even tell if the transport pushed it about already.

Should I tie the tree to the pot, and if so, using which method? Or would you leave the tree as it is.

Thanks for the help,

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Loose tree 11 years 7 months ago #6343

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
depends a little on what you want for this tree. I like to transfer new trees into a large pot of full ground without doing anything, leave them for a season just to give them some strength to deal with real repotting

Loose tree 11 years 7 months ago #6345

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
if it is wired in the pot you can just tighten the wire more or you can fish wire through the drainage holes and tie down the rootball do not wrap it tightly around the trunk.it may have just been shaken up and loosened the soil.
try not to push it down too hard you can break off roots and kill part or all of it

• Page: