Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Buying a new tree 7 years 9 months ago #23050

• AlienPotter
  • AlienPotter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I see. Thanks for that. I gave them a call and it seem that what ever tree you pick from photo is the tree you get but as for the health and pest i totally get that it might not be optimal. All the photos are taken in a all white back ground and lighting so they might be drested up a bit. Guess I'm talking the gamble, hope i hit 7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Buying a new tree 7 years 9 months ago #23054

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

What Im talking about is at 4:20 BTW

He sais:
- Check the soil
- As soon as suitable, repot.
- Repot only in spring and summer (Note: What he does not sais: It would depend on the species what time of year), unless it is a tropical species; They can be repotted yearround.

What I was adding: Make sure you know how to take care of the plant and make sure it is healthy. IF you have a lot of experience keeping plants, you can repot easily, and not worry. If you do not have the experience, the risk of killing it repotting is bigger than killing it because of substrate. But well these are personal opinions. Repot if you feel that is the best route for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlienPotter

Buying a new tree 7 years 9 months ago #23062

• AlienPotter
  • AlienPotter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
:blush: Ok i got it now. You know some time my brain is a bit of a brick and it takes time for things to sink in. Now i feel pretty good abut it. Its totally going to be up to me and if I trust my skills to not kill my trees that I'm so excited about. Thanks a munch. This has ben a big deal for me not to kill them and I feel safer now. Thanks for your time and the feed back. B)

Buying a new tree 7 years 9 months ago #23063

• Samantha
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 151

:blush: Its totally going to be up to me and if I trust my skills to not kill my trees that I'm so excited about. .... B)

Don't get discouraged, if you kill a tree or two, we all do. ;)

• Page: