Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Please help! My trees seem dying after repotting 7 years 3 months ago #28656

• Vinh
  • Vinh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello all,
I'm completely new to Bonsai. I have just re-potted my 4 starter plants (in plastic containers) into proper pots. However, I thought the original soil would not be needed anymore so I washed it all away. After only 1 day, all of my Privet's leaves fall off even though still green. The Sweetgum, Cotoneaster and Firethorn's leaves start to be dry and go yellow.
What do I do now.... :(
Ps: I use the premix organic bonsai soil mixed with 20% gravel . Also I added a thin layer of gravel at the bottom to assist drainage.
Should I repot it again with something else? I don't have it yet but trying to buy fired clay cat litter in Sydney, Australia. So far I only find natural clay and tend not to use it (Purina Tidy Cat non clump natural clay litter and Chandler natural clay litter). If you have experience about cat litter brand in Sydney, Australia please let me know too.
Please please please help. :(
Thanks,
Vinh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please help! My trees seem dying after repotting 7 years 3 months ago #28668

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
You are in australia? It should be high summer there. Why in * name did you repot now?

Keep in the shade, out of the wind. Keep moist not wet. And pray to mother earth for their survival.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vinh

Please help! My trees seem dying after repotting 7 years 3 months ago #28681

• Vinh
  • Vinh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thanks leatherback, you are always helpful.
I will keep it in the shade and spray to keep the moisture. I have no experience and thought this is a good time to repot...
Anyway thanks.

• Page: