Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Re: soil experiment 12 years 6 months ago #1882

• Artmyth
  • Thanks received: 2
As far as I know it is as a form of volcanic pumice that has been crushed, they quarry it in Quebec I think, Its very permanent - I have found it promotes a very nice fine root structure. It is about 1/3 the price of Akadama for about the same amount per volume - I get akadama at WWW.kimsnature.ca in Markhamm

Ill try to get some images of it in comparison to the two sizes of Akadama I have for the gallery.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Edit: here is a pic of fine Akadama 12:00 - 4:00 Medium Akadam 4:00 - 8:00 and Eco Traction 8:00 - 12:00

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Artmyth.

Re: soil experiment 12 years 6 months ago #1884

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Yes, the product information described it as volcanic. This is really making sense to me now...one can buy large volcanic rocks for growing plants in the holes and crevices in the garden and even for Bonsai in and on rocks. Apparently it is extemely nutrient rich for plants. Unfortunately the rocks are very expensive (because it's the latest fad) :S Ahhh...the promotion of the fine root structure is of huge importance. Good to know!

Oh my gosh! I've heard so much of "Kim's Nature" from the Oshawa Bonsai Club of which I am a new member. I have yet to go out there and check it out! Thanks for sharing the website! Wow...small world, huh? I look forward to seeing your photos of the Eco product. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.