• Page:

TOPIC:

Bonsai Empire Intermediate Course - Bjorn Bjorholm 5 years 10 months ago #40943

• Clicio
  • Clicio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
A brief review of the Intermediate course offered by Bonsai Empire with Bjorn Bjorholm

PROS:
  • Bjorn is the kind of tutor I like; he doesn't talk too much, he doesn't brag about his years in Japan, he doesn't promote himself.
  • The course is very well structured, logical, and delivers exactly what it proposes.
  • The technical aspects of the videos are very good; in fact exceptional if compared to the garbage one finds in YouTube.
  • The techniques are well explained, and Bjorn demonstrates them with skill, in real trees.
  • The guidelines to species are very useful, as well as the additional text information.
  • The course is not too long, not too short; 3 and a half hours of good, well fundamented information

CONS:
  • The plants are amazing, some of them very well known and awarded bonsai trees; it's good to aim for the best, but I got curious of what a great expert could do with not so good material. Take this as a suggestion for future updates maybe?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89, JackyM, Felidae, hilyete1, syllah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Clicio.

Bonsai Empire Intermediate Course - Bjorn Bjorholm 5 years 10 months ago #40963

• Clicio
  • Clicio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

• The plants are amazing, some of them very well known and awarded bonsai trees; it's good to aim for the best, but I got curious of what a great expert could do with not so good material. Take this as a suggestion for future updates maybe?

Bjorn was in Brazil two weeks ago for a workshop.
My sensei Makoto, who is Japanese and born in Osaka attended the ws, and on Sunday showed me the results.
With quite mediocre material, small/medium junipers (itoigawa, for instance), Bjorn showed awesome results.
Which means that if one have the right skills and knowledge, styling trees can change ordinary bushes into bonsai in training in a matter of a few hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: syllah

Bonsai Empire Intermediate Course - Bjorn Bjorholm 5 years 10 months ago #41005

• Oscar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 291
Glad you enjoyed the course Clicio! And thanks for the feedback, we'll add more progressions (also lower end) in the next part!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Last edit: Post by Oscar.

Bonsai Empire Intermediate Course - Bjorn Bjorholm 5 years 3 months ago #46241

• Rag
  • Thanks received: 3
great you are happy

• Page: