Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Which tool brand? 3 years 3 months ago #64592

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Upon arrival in Germany the parcel will sit at a customs office, where you will have to open the parcel. They will then based upon the goods type & total value tell you what the duties are to pay. It is a bit annoying as the Zoll offices are quite rare. I had to go to Hauptzollamt in Borken, almost an hrs drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ziyao12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Which tool brand? 3 years 3 months ago #64598

• Ziyao12
  • Ziyao12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thank you!
This is a really good info but I thought I would also have to announce the packet.
Thanks!
Best regards

Which tool brand? 3 years 3 months ago #64602

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thank you!
This is a really good info but I thought I would also have to announce the packet.
Thanks!
Best regards

No problem. No need to announce. They will let you know it has arrived.

You could call the zoll ambt and ask them if there is something the seller can do so it is not stopped. I know there is a free import up to a certain amount. I think something like 100E is untaxed. Dunno. I have been there now 4 times to pick things up. Main hassle is the one in Borken only opens on weekdays, office hours. Not convenient if you have a full time job.

Which tool brand? 3 years 3 months ago #64633

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
In the US I can order from Amazon and they do all the customs work. They will tell you it comes from outside the country and shipping may take some time, but they do all the work.

You shook at whatever online buying you have. They will probably do the same.

Which tool brand? 3 years 3 months ago #64708

• Nick Meusel
  • Thanks received: 19
Hi Ziyao,

Depends at which level you are at.

If you're a beginner i would say to even get the simple cheap black metal ones called "Bonsai tools"
they are relatively cheap but rust very easily.

If you're more familar with bonsai and have a bit more experience i would definitely recommend gettinig the Ryuga tools, I have them and they are of very good quality and very sharp, rarely they come with a little defect for example being too loose but that is a very minor issue. So i definitely reccomend this brand.

If you have a bit more money to spend then i recommend getting the Masakuni tools. They last a lifetime and are always perfect.

Nick

Which tool brand? 3 years 3 months ago #64711

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

If you're a beginner i would say to even get the simple cheap black metal ones called "Bonsai tools"
they are relatively cheap but rust very easily.

Hm.. This is a bit tricky tbh. I got a few cheap no-brand tools of the web. It was impossible to cut even the most simple branches with them. There are really crappy tools for sale. And of course, one can get lucky and get decent cheap toools too. But people starting with blunt / wrong tools can put them off of the hobby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivan Mann

• Page: