Bonsai forum

General fertilising

• Svarog
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

General fertilising was created by Svarog

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #47428
Hey. Couple of questions regarding fertilising.
I was recommended to use Plantella Organik solid (organic, pellets) fertiliser.

- Can i start fertilising now that the temperatures are quite high and there is new growth on the trees?
- Can i fertilise tree that will be repotted in couple of weeks (as far as i know i can't fertilise it for couple of months after the tree was repotted and roots were pruned)
- Is there any general rule for the quantity of fertiliser used per surface or should i follow the instructions on the bag that are for general potted plants?
- Are the pellet baskets a must, or that is just for practical reasons?

Many thanks for all the answers, i know that this is a lot, so thanks again!
by Svarog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Replied by Auk on topic General fertilising

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #47432

Svarog wrote: - Can i start fertilising now that the temperatures are quite high and there is new growth on the trees?

Yes.

- Can i fertilise tree that will be repotted in couple of weeks (as far as i know i can't fertilise it for couple of months after the tree was repotted and roots were pruned)

You can consider it, but personally, I probably wouldn't. You can fertilize after repotting, you can wait after repotting, but you don't have to wait a couple of months.

Is there any general rule for the quantity of fertiliser used per surface or should i follow the instructions on the bag that are for general potted plants?

Follow the instructions on the bag.

Are the pellet baskets a must, or that is just for practical reasons?

Not a must, but it's practical. You can see how much there's still in there, you can easily remove it, it won't flush away when there's heavy rain
by Auk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.