Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68296

• Maples
  • Maples's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Not over good one unit the end of may when I can get better soil it's just the compost they came in but I've not had the maple for every long

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68297

• Maples
No that's not me sorry

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68298

• Maples
I put the a post up about my maple but I couldn't explain what was going on, i got it from Tesco about 2 month a go and that's happened, I don't no how long it's been in the shop for and didn't say frosty damage it its may of been a Course but not to sure may just be stunned by not having enough fertilizer but it could be many things. Even had spiders miles on I got rid of yesterday

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68299

• Maples
And going to keep up with the treatment unit I no there gone

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68300

• BofhSkull
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 121

I live in UK and it not that cold sun is nice and giving good Uv's, normal for this time of year and should go on where you live the fertilizer should only be applied when the tree's start to open they buds.

That, I’d say, depends on you climate.
Over here my maples already hardened off, and my JRP has candles 10cm long...

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68301

• BofhSkull
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

As far as I am concerned it is too early to add any fertiliser. The trees are not in leaf properly yet and it is too cold. I never rush to add fertiliser. I will not start for at least 3 or 4 more weeks.

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68302

• BofhSkull
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I live in UK and it not that cold sun is nice and giving good Uv's, normal for this time of year and should go on where you live the fertilizer should only be applied when the tree's start to open they buds.

This ended up showing as response to the wrong post. Ignore it, sorry for the confusion

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68305

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603

As far as I am concerned it is too early to add any fertiliser. The trees are not in leaf properly yet and it is too cold. I never rush to add fertiliser. I will not start for at least 3 or 4 more weeks.

This is why we should always include a reference to local climate. All jmy trees that survived the winter have had leaves out for over a month. Night times in the last month have dropped to close to freezing twice but otherwise they are all growing gangbusters and most of my trimming is done for the year. I could give advice using "now" to people in a narrow climate zone, but it could only apply to the mid South in the US. Any other advice would be to look at the tree's growth.

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68313

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
By cold I mean the temperature is not high enough. It needs to be 10C plus consistantly for any benefit from adding fertiliser. It is even in the south where I am no where near that. We have had frost every night. Also most of my deciduous trees are still not in full leaf

fertilizer how much is recommended in spring 2 years 11 months ago #68327

• BofhSkull
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

By cold I mean the temperature is not high enough. It needs to be 10C plus consistantly for any benefit from adding fertiliser. It is even in the south where I am no where near that. We have had frost every night. Also most of my deciduous trees are still not in full leaf

Well, technically speaking the temperature mostly applies if you’re using cakes, as they need to ferment.
But even if you do, it’s not like they simply turn off if the temperature is below that threshold: fermentation simply becomes a lot slower.

So it’s not like I necessarily disagree, but it’s not like one would make anything wrong if fertilizing with cakes at 9C, or 5 ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maples
  • Page: