• Page:

TOPIC:

Foliar spray 1 year 3 weeks ago #79794

• CarolF4
  • CarolF4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 2
My question is about Foliar Spray-There is one out on the market called FOOP it is an organic Foliar spray and is supposed to be good. Comes with alot of good feedback.
What I want to mainly know is actually when to use it and if it is OK for Bonsai and Desert Roses (of which I have quite a few.)
The temperature is almost to the warm enough level to where the plants can go out on my porch. It will have to get up into the 70's though. Only up to 40-60 so not just yet. Until then we are all inside with lots of grow lights, fan for circulation and I am also staying warm myself.
They are like my little babies.

Has anyone used a Foliar spray. I hear it is best in the mornings, but not sure. So, I am asking.

Carol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Foliar spray 1 year 3 weeks ago #79795

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1357
Foop seems to be for foliar feeding. Not all plants have the ability to utilize fertilizer on the leafs.

I would not spray desert plants on a regular basis with anything. They are just not that well adapted to getting wet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CarolF4

Foliar spray 1 year 2 weeks ago #79834

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
I am not actively using foliar fertilizer myself. I never had seen the need for it, tbh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CarolF4

Foliar spray 1 year 2 weeks ago #79841

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
I tried a foliar spray once. I sprayed half of the elms. I saw no difference between those sprayed and those not.

Some of the spray drifted over onto a pine and it died. Another got a little but of the spray and the left side died. I will not try that again.

• Page: