Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

I need help to how to put fertilizer to my bonsai 6 years 10 months ago #32905

• BonsaiJays
  • BonsaiJays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I received a bonsai as a present. But I was not given the name of the bonsai nor do I know the type of fertilizer I got. The only thing I know based on my knowledge, the bonsai is a Juniper and the bonsai was sold by a Japanese person. But what I'm confused is that the guy said it is an indoor plant, the internet says the juniper is an outdoor plant. I was also given a fertilizer can that says to "Fertilize twice yearly. March/September." But I don't get exactly what that means. Can someone explain How frequent i must fertilize my bonsai and how much amount I should apply every time pls? I don't want it to die. The bonsai pot is 18 1/2 Inch in circumference, the pot is 6 1/3 inch in diameter horizontally and 4 5/12 inches in diameter vertically

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I need help to how to put fertilizer to my bonsai 6 years 10 months ago #32908

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Put it outside. Read up on juniper care. Depending on the substrate you do not have to fertilize much. Every 3-4 weeks in the growing season is plenty when you have organic substrate.

I need help to how to put fertilizer to my bonsai 6 years 10 months ago #32914

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
Outside.
The fertilizer is a slow release type like Osmocote, and lasts a long time (3 to 5 months).

• Page: