Need opinions on prebonsai

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Replied by Clicio on topic Need opinions on prebonsai

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51228
Nice trunk movement.
If it goes well in your climate, you can prune it heavily after flowering. Remember they are not apical dominant, so be careful if hard pruning the top
by Clicio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Felidae
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236

Replied by Felidae on topic Need opinions on prebonsai

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51232

Clicio wrote: Nice trunk movement.
If it goes well in your climate, you can prune it heavily after flowering. Remember they are not apical dominant, so be careful if hard pruning the top

Almost or exactly ran out of time, so that was the first thing after the photo, but not that heavily... ;) Established, or not, it needed. I don’t expect too much flower for the next year, but it’s not even a bad thing.
by Felidae
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

• rubs
  • Thanks received: 4

Replied by rubs on topic Need opinions on prebonsai

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51561
Hello!, I got mine after 14 days of transport and several calls to a paid telefone number to find out where was my tree. :angry: They said that DHL managed to re-arrange the transport with spanish Correos service, but picking the cheapest service of all... That means no less than 8 days, and no compromise on delivery date for your package. Being this a living tree, imagine what's my opinion for this purchase.

Im thinking about opening a dispute in PayPal, as this is a conifer and you don't really know if the tree is already dead after a while. This package has been in delivery status thus in some kind of store facility from 10th July, in Spain we are at 40º last two weeks and normally in those places is hotter.

Aparently the tree is ok, the foliage feeling is like plastic, but no signs of yellow needles. The soil was protected with sphagnum moss although it was dry... don't know what to do.
by rubs

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51569
Rubs, it looks fine so far. Pines are drought resistant up to a point. But as you know it can die and still be green, just wait and don't overwater it.
by Clicio

• Felidae
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51579

rubs wrote: Hello!, I got mine after 14 days of transport and several calls to a paid telefone number to find out where was my tree. :angry: They said that DHL managed to re-arrange the transport with spanish Correos service, but picking the cheapest service of all... That means no less than 8 days, and no compromise on delivery date for your package. Being this a living tree, imagine what's my opinion for this purchase.

Im thinking about opening a dispute in PayPal, as this is a conifer and you don't really know if the tree is already dead after a while. This package has been in delivery status thus in some kind of store facility from 10th July, in Spain we are at 40º last two weeks and normally in those places is hotter.

Aparently the tree is ok, the foliage feeling is like plastic, but no signs of yellow needles. The soil was protected with sphagnum moss although it was dry... don't know what to do.

Hmm... Please leave here your feedback for the future generations: www.bonsaiempire.com/forum/shop-reviews/...sai-zentrum-muenster
The tree looks nice tho... : )
by Felidae

• rubs
  • Thanks received: 4

Replied by rubs on topic Need opinions on prebonsai

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51607
Adding bad news to this sad history, just look at the picture.

It seems that the tree has been upside down for a looong period that the bottom of the soil is now in the middle of the pot. They packed the box but forgot to put "this side up", so what happen? the tree had bad luck and they put it upside down so the soil while it was wet was compacted agains the plastic film and sphagnum moss from the top of the pot, gravity did it's thing and when the soil lost moist the roots and the soil got stuck at the middle of the pot.

So upset my friends, a long chain of disgraces for the same little tree.
by rubs

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51609

rubs wrote: Adding bad news to this sad history, gravity did it's thing and when the soil lost moist the roots and the soil got stuck at the middle of the pot. So upset my friends, a long chain of disgraces for the same little tree.

Oh my, bad luck.
But I hope it will recover, they are tough!
by Clicio

• Felidae
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51612
Rubs, what they told to you about all of this when you contacted them?

I know in my cases, the boxes didn’t needed any “This side up” label, hence the plants and their soil are secured even if stay flipped for long period. Those trees made a long road from Japan. Correos need to try harder if they want them dead..
by Felidae