Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 2 years 9 months ago #69883

• Alan2249
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi All

I am Alan, and I am new to the world of Bonsia; I didn't really think about a forum until I started having issues with my seedlings. I thought there must be people in the world with Bonsia growing experience, I have posted a topic requesting some help with my issues, so any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Alan2249.

Introduce yourself! 2 years 9 months ago #69903

• ukamikazu
  • Thanks received: 3
Howdy from Austin, Texas!

In my typical buffoonery, I of course didn't read all the posts on etiquette, something I'm a huge believer in, and immediately posted a question before introducing myself last week. My apologies and with that out of the way, I'll repost a little of my initial message from then...

Thank all the gods above & below for Bonsai Empire. You people are the best! I think I prefer and accept this site uncritically over all the others because of the "for professionals by professionals" vibe without being toxically egocentric or distractingly capitalistic. The general Juniper and Bonsai guides are reasonably priced as are the fantastic video courses, demystifying everything. Thank you all for your very hard work!

As you can see from my avatar, this is the little juniper that began my journey. One I've wanted to take since I was a small boy but somehow I got it in my head that it was impossibly expensive and held too many secrets until now, almost 5 decades later, I learned how uncomplicated it actually is and y'all helped me with that as of 6th June of 2021. Now 'm already trying my hand at a little boxwood, as correctly as I can manage.

I look forward to travelling with all of you.

Introduce yourself! 2 years 9 months ago #70209

• TeaKing
Happy weekend All!

I'm teaking, I'm 37 and live in the UK. I've been interested in bonsai for a long time but it had only been in the last 4 or so years that I have been able to start. About 8 years ago I started a small seedling bed at my parents and due to moving away for work, they were left to grow. They are doing very well now though as big trees! I also tried indoors once but unfortunately I did not succeed there either!

Now I'm In a position to walk around the local countryside and love looking for sendlings. I have a healthy collection now and some of the early field maples and oaks are starting to thicken up nicely! This is also my first year of trying wiring and unfortunately the wire has cut into a few of the trees even though they have only been wired for a couple of months.

I have lots to learn and am very happy to be here!

Introduce yourself! 2 years 8 months ago #71604

• Scoots
Hi everyone, new member here. Name is Tony and from Ireland. New to bonsai growing. Got a starter kit for birthday and planted few seeds. Pleased to say my Norway spruce has germinated and growing well.

Introduce yourself! 2 years 7 months ago #72334

• Blues_age
  • Thanks received: 1
Hello all, I am both new to growing Bonsai and new to the forum.
I am happy to find others and a forum where I can get answers to questions and lean.
Unfortunately I only speak English.
All replies will be welcome and greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback

Introduce yourself! 2 years 7 months ago #72336

• Mossdog
  • Thanks received: 2
Hello everyone,

My name is Lance Cheuvront and I am a writer/artist/horticulturalist and dog trainer from Galloway Ohio in the US.

I am 52 years old and though I have been heavily involved with plants for all of my life, I have not been involved with bonsai for about thirty years.

My dad's name was Elmer Cheuvront. He was born in 1916 and studied bonsai under Lynn Perry. He passed away in 2010 while I was overseas and by the time I got back, my brother had taken all of dad's bonsai and having had no experience with them, within a year or so, killed the whole collection.

I recently moved into a new home with a lot of space and I have decided to get back into the hobby and so I am doing some research and preparation first.

I discovered Bonsai Empire on Youtube and have really enjoyed the videos and decided to join the page here so I could converse with others and continue to learn.

Thank you all for being here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback, Albas

Introduce yourself! 2 years 5 months ago #73231

• Andrew Trujillo
  • Thanks received: 1
Hello everyone, I am Andres, I am in the need of help on getting in to the bonsai world, I have been watching videos and reading a lot, but I realized there are so many things I may need to ask, I already have a small juniper. I really want to get your advice and hopefully not to get confused with the amount of information there may be. Also, English is not my language so sorry about that. So, cheers everyone !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Albas

Introduce yourself! 2 years 5 months ago #73247

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Welcome Andres!

Introduce yourself! 2 years 5 months ago #73289

• Sergipot
  • Thanks received: 2
Hello everyone!!

I'm very pleased of finding a forum like this. Quite exciting to be honest.
I'm very new to the bonsai world, at the moment I'm growing a Redbud and an Italian Pine, already struggling and they are 1.5 years old so you might read about my problems in the near future :D
Actually living in the UK and working in IT, so adding some nature so my techie world.

Thanks everyone and have a nice day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Albas

Introduce yourself! 2 years 3 months ago #74650

• Javier_RA
Hi everyone,

My name is Javier, I'm from Spain and even if I've been interested in bonsai for many years it wasn't until this week that I decided to finally start with it.

At the moment I'm waiting for two little Olea oleaster and today I bought a Tauxs baccata as it is one of my favourite trees and really wanna make something special with it. I'll show you more of them, and probably ask many questions about them too.

Nice to meet you all, I'm very happy to be here and to start with this amazing art.